Using essential oils is very common regardless if it’s for making the air in the home to smell fragrant or for relieving a certain health issue. Since they are being used by a lot of people on a regular basis, it is only necessary that you know how to properly take care of them so that they will last for a long time and you will continue to enjoy its benefits. It will promote efficiency and they will not break down easily. You will be provided with tips and tricks in this article because you should be able to maintain your ultrasonic diffuser without having to worry if you are doing it properly. Ultrasonic essential oil diffuser is really good as long as you know how to maintain them.
How to clean it properly
When you buy a diffuser, it always comes with a manual that will guide you through proper care and maintenance. Some people have the tendency of losing them or they make a mistake of throwing them away thinking that they will not need it anymore. You should always keep the care instructions, but in case you are one of the people who lost or threw the manual away, do not worry because you will know everything you need from this post.
What you will need
- Tap water that is warm
- Vinegar (preferably white)
- A piece of cloth, but make sure it is dry
The procedure on how to clean it
- Make sure that the diffuser is off by unplugging it.
- Pour in water and vinegar with the ratio of 1:2. Leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Take the piece of cloth and scrub the diffuser gently.
- Rinse it again with the water and vinegar solution using the same ratio.
- Take another dry piece of cloth and wipe the diffuser.
- Pour in fresh oil and plug the diffuser again to make it ready for use.
- There manuals that will tell you not to use water for cleaning. There is a possibility that water will not be harmful to your diffuser, but if you use it to clean regularly, it can. If you don’t know whether it is safe to use water or not, forget about using water and stick with vinegar.