Using essential oils is very common regardless if it’s for making the air in the home to smell fragrant or for relieving a certain health issue. Since they are being used by a lot of people on a regular basis, it is only necessary that you know how to properly take care of them so that they will last for a long time and you will continue to enjoy its benefits. It will promote efficiency and they will not break down easily. You will be provided with tips and tricks in this article because you should be able to maintain your ultrasonic diffuser without having to worry if you are doing it properly. Ultrasonic essential oil diffuser is really good as long as you know how to maintain them.
How to clean it properly
When you buy a diffuser, it always comes with a manual that will guide you through proper care and maintenance. Some people have the tendency of losing them or they make a mistake of throwing them away thinking that they will not need it anymore. You should always keep the care instructions, but in case you are one of the people who lost or threw the manual away, do not worry because you will know everything you need from this post.
What you will need
- Tap water that is warm
- Vinegar (preferably white)
- A piece of cloth, but make sure it is dry
The procedure on how to clean it
- Make sure that the diffuser is off by unplugging it.
- Pour in water and vinegar with the ratio of 1:2. Leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Take the piece of cloth and scrub the diffuser gently.
- Rinse it again with the water and vinegar solution using the same ratio.
- Take another dry piece of cloth and wipe the diffuser.
- Pour in fresh oil and plug the diffuser again to make it ready for use.
- There manuals that will tell you not to use water for cleaning. There is a possibility that water will not be harmful to your diffuser, but if you use it to clean regularly, it can. If you don’t know whether it is safe to use water or not, forget about using water and stick with vinegar.
The proper way to change oil in the diffuser
These diffusers have been designed to make the function with any type of oil so it is best to utilize the diffuser well by not limiting yourself to using only one type of oil. You have the option to blend the essential oil only when you are about to use it so you get to enjoy trying a variety of blends. If you are going to use different blends, make sure that you clean it regularly so the scents will not get too mixed up. Here is how to change the oil in the diffuser:
- Leave vinegar to soak for about 10 minutes
- Use a soft cloth to scrub the diffuser gently
- Take some vinegar and use it for rinsing
- Using a dry cloth, wipe the diffuser
- Pour in about 8 to 10 drops of the essential oil that you like or if you have made your own blend, go ahead
Using the diffuser correctly
- Adjust the settings on the diffuser for the purpose of diffusing on intervals.
- The best way to clean the diffuser is simply by wiping it using a dry piece of cloth.
- The top up level of your diffuser should be done regularly so it will not run out.
- Put the diffuser in a location that is strategic so that the spread of aroma will be good and the entire room will smell it.
- Do not let kids come in contact with the diffuser if they do not know how to use it or when it is dismantled because there is a tendency that they will get electrocuted. You should always leave it unplugged if you are not using it.
- You should never drop your diffuser because there is a high possibility that they will crash when there is too much impact.
- When there is spilled essential oil, never wipe it off using your bare hands because they are very concentrated and can cause skin irritation. Always use a piece of cloth for wiping essential oils.
- When there are asthmatic or pregnant people around, do not use essential oils that smell like sweet flowers because it can trigger vomiting or an asthma attack. If the scent is not desired by some people, especially visitors, go for eucalyptus, ginger, or lemon.
These are what you should do to maintain the diffuser and make it last long. Diffusers are a great addition to your home and it helps in keeping the atmosphere smelling fresh, relaxing and clean. You can read more tips & tricks about diffuser at Recreation Space.